The North Carolina Office of the Commissioner of Banks (NCCOB) regulates the following:
Mortgage Loan Originators
Mortgage Lenders and Brokers
Mortgage Originator Support Registration
Certain entities, primarily banks and credit unions, that are already regulated under a different set of laws can file a
claim of exemption from licensure.
- Please see the latest reporting requirements and due dates.
- Stephanie Ryals has been appointed Deputy Commissioner for Non-Depository Entities, effective July 1, 2017. See memo.
- Ocwen Loan Servicing customers may click here for more information.
- November 1-December 31 - Mortgage license renewal period. File via NMLS.
- Print your Mortgage Loan Originator License or review the North Carolina Mortgage Loan Originator Licensing information.
- Please see correspondence regarding registered MLO's: Jan. 20, 2016 memo, Dec. 8, 2015 memo, Dec. 3, 2015 memo, Dec. 2, 2015 memo.
- Session Law 2015-293 makes certain changes to the NC SAFE Act, effective Nov. 1, 2015. Mortgage Origination Support Registration is now available on NMLS.